Friday, February 13, 2009

wind blows our latrine down... again

We had a big wind/rain storm a few weeks ago, and it tore the roof off our outhouse and damaged its walls. again. I took a little video of the aftermath, and thought this would be a good opportunity to try compressing the video file and uploading it to the blog... let's see if it works. our internet cafe's bandwidth in Nhlangano isn't exactly huge, but it might just be enough.

The whining noise you'll hear on the video is the dog (not me-- sorry to disappoint). I call him Killer, due to a disturbing incident with a neighboring homestead's kitten... but when the storms come he doesn't exactly live up to the vicious bravado his name implies. And I like him for that-- big scary dog, total wuss. Anyway, if this video thing works okay, we'll do more of them for the blog. And we'll even put ourselves in them from time to time.




hey-- i think it worked! let me know if you can view it on your side of the world.

5 comments:

Juvisy-Texas said...

Yes, it works !

Christophe Berthoud said...

It worked! What a mess though... Heidi

Unknown said...

I don't know. I think you're lying, that whine sounded an awful lot like you.

Dan said...

It was great to see some live-action shots from Zombodze, and cool to actually hear your voice!

Heath said...

I wonder would a round-walled latrine stand up to the wind better?